Getting a PUPPY Today! 😍🐶🐾

Pics
Yeah but registered with who? AKC? 🤢
Mine were well bred. I only buy from specific breeders, breeders who show and who've been breeding dogs longer than I've been alive. Those same breeders fully supported the choice to pair those two dogs, btw.
Titled, no, they were pets from good lines. Tested, yes.
They. Were. Not. Random.🙂
And they weren't bred for money either. They were bred for the purpose of making great puppies for great homes. Daisy and Weasel were absolutely adorable and they were good examples of what both breeds should be. Combining those traits was not a mistake, the puppies turned out great.
The breeders must not have been very reputable then because if they were they wouldn’t have supported breeding mixed breeds together… and even pets should still have titled parents or working titles or something proving they’re worth breeding. And what tests? Because just genetic testing isn’t really enough. But whatever, agree to disagree since I’m clearly not going to change your mind.

And the puke face on AKC tells me everything I need to know…

I have to disagree. There is a difference. My designer dogs were not BYB nasties. Those are two different things imao. They were two registered dogs bred together to make desirable puppies for pet homes. My shitzu had a very smushed face, and my friends yorkie was a proven stud with a long yorkie nose who made lots of gorgeous babies, both dogs were healthy and of good pedigree. The puppies were born with round little heads and medium noses, they had yorkie colors but with shitzu hair. Both puppies went to great homes, both puppies were highly sought after by people who wanted traits of both breeds.
They were, by definition, designer puppies. Two desirable breeds bred together for the purpose of making pets for those who want a posh dog without the pricetag of a dog with a pedigree, and who also don't want to support a puppy mill.

My pittie is a BYB dog. I have no pedigree on him, I never met his parents, he was sold for 1/3 of the going rate for cheap unpapered pits in my area. He has a nasty set of parents, both were aggressive and neither one has been tested for any genetic issues. He was part of a big litter sold in a parking lot to whoever might want to impulse buy.
And before I get accused of giving money to someone who breeds mutts for profit: He was a gift to me.
You do realize that a ton of dogs that are BYB are registered right? Registration means nothing. Also designer dog is just a BYB term. You literally just described yourself as a BYB lol. There is so much put into good breeding. The only reason a mutt should be bred is for a purpose. For example, two working dogs could be bred together to make another working dog with desirable traits, like Anatolian x Great Pyrenees. Shitzu and yorkie is not purpose bred.
I do not have time to type out everything right now so I’ll list a few things a good breeder does. A good breeder proves their dogs. That could be in show, working, doing sports, etc. They have a specific standard that they need to meet. You also mentioned nothing of OFAs. They’re expensive but a huge part of good breeding. Any good breeder does OFAs specific to the breed to make sure the parents and puppies are healthy. Also there needs to be a contract saying the dogs will not be in a shelter, be rehomed, etc. and they will be given back to the breeder and the dogs will not be bred. there’s more that should be included but that’s just a couple. A good breeder will screen you before even considering giving you a dog, then theyll pick the dog for you to make sure they match what the buyer wants in a dog. They socialize the pups, get the pups shots and make sure the puppies will have all their needs met. There’s much more involved but I can’t type it all now, nor do I care to.

Yeah but registered with who? AKC? 🤢
Mine were well bred. I only buy from specific breeders, breeders who show and who've been breeding dogs longer than I've been alive. Those same breeders fully supported the choice to pair those two dogs, btw.
Titled, no, they were pets from good lines. Tested, yes.
They. Were. Not. Random.🙂
And they weren't bred for money either. They were bred for the purpose of making great puppies for great homes. Daisy and Weasel were absolutely adorable and they were good examples of what both breeds should be. Combining those traits was not a mistake, the puppies turned out great.
Akc is literally Americas kennel club. What’s the problem with that? They may allow BYB dogs but that doesn’t excuse the fact that they’re where you register dogs

The breeders must not have been very reputable then because if they were they wouldn’t have supported breeding mixed breeds together… and even pets should still have titled parents or working titles or something proving they’re worth breeding. And what tests? Because just genetic testing isn’t really enough. But whatever, agree to disagree since I’m clearly not going to change your mind.

And the puke face on AKC tells me everything I need to know…
Wow, it really shows that i don’t own a dog because I literally understood nothing from this whole conversation. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom