Getting chickens to eat pellets....

The people I bought Rex from breed standard of perfection Brahmas. Show birds. She showed me what she feeds them. An expensive pellet, something else, something else, and garlic granules. They have been using garlic for years. He smelled the garlic and knew it was food. Now, I don't need to add the garlic, but I do every couple of days. I put a pinch in the feed (fermented grain).

I feed this to Rex, his sister, and my hatchery Brahma. They all eat it. The chicks will get it soon.

I start them early on pellets. I think I started my previous batch at 15-16 weeks on pellets and once I saw how much neater pellets were I got my current batch on them full time at 3 1/2 weeks lol. I started by mixing pellets with the crumbles so curious birds would try them and see they were food. Sure, the chicks preferred the crumbles at the start, but they quickly got used to them and good thing too 'cause I detest crumbles 'cause of how much ends up wasted (the chicks are on flock raiser pellets BTW, NOT layer pellets)

Back
Top Bottom