Getting chilly out...

Frosty

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 30, 2008
ND
At 7 AM it was -4, pretty much where it was predicted to be. Then the forecast had the temps dropping from there throughout the day.

An hour and a half later, it's -10. Factor in the 16 mph wind and you have a wind chill of -33. We also have 86% humidity... don't know how that can be figured, the humidity is frozen. The mild weather we have been having spoiled me, I want it back.

Know what you are saying. It was -22 here and I didn't even want to know the wind chill. I know it is much much colder up north. Heard it was -53c up in Canada last night. without wind chill. Friend said he is guessing they were close to -60.

Minus 22? How do you folks live in that kind of weather?

Not to bad in South Carolina this morning.

ep.gif
It was in the teens and 20's this past weekend and I went to a field trial. My hands are still hurting.
old.gif
-22 and they would just get brittle and fall off.

-45F this morning with the windchill in Manitoba!

School is running but the buses won't start its so darn cold, now we have to attempt to get the van started so I can drive everyone else to school. The people on the radio were stressing to people to dress warmly when they go outside because in these temps your skin can freeze in less then 10 minutes!

I hear you on the -45C. I rehomed four silkie roosters to a wonderful family just when it hit three days ago. We bottomed out at -50 yesterday with the wind chill...and I spent two hours in it thawing out three frozen heated cattle waterers. Then again this morning! I know we "deserve" it after the mild winter....but still...ugh. Saskatchewan. All I want to know is what the heck were the settlers THINKING???

And thanks for the beautiful (if taunting) picture of SC...nice to know hell has not frozen over everywhere
big_smile.png

Someone in Alberta was saying it was -48C there the other day. I don't mind so much, I love the cold
big_smile.png

That would depend on if it's ambient or windchill. If that was an ambient temp and you heated with propane, you'd better love the cold a lot because the boiling point of propane is -40F. At -38F you have about 2 psi on the propane. Much colder, and you would no longer have heat in your house.

That would depend on if it's ambient or windchill. If that was an ambient temp and you heated with propane, you'd better love the cold a lot because the boiling point of propane is -40F. At -38F you have about 2 psi on the propane. Much colder, and you would no longer have heat in your house.

That would be windchill temp.

Although, once it gets that cold. Its really just... super cold... no matter how you look at it
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom