Getting closer

Only half is for the chickens.The other half is for storage.....unless I need to expand for meat birds.
I'll wait and see how the egg thing woks out.

Man I really love your coop. Do you think the chain link fence will keep out the critters? I am in the process of building a run and still deciding on the type of wire to use myself.

I do fencing for a living so I have plenty of chain link was was afraid to use it for fear of the coons getting in. I had planned to use poultry netting.

Actually, I just bought a roll of poultry netting. I am going to run it on the outside of the chain link fence 4ft up.
Without it, critters can stand outside and reach in and grab them by the neck.
The fencing is buried 2ft under the ground and there is netting on the inside of the windows. It will stop predators from coming in threw the window screens and will also stop the chicks from sitting on the window sills.

Well, I added the roof vents and the copper lights..the inside is done and now my buddy calls me and says of the 17 birds that were supposed to start hatching today only 7 are left..to many mishaps to list.
Because I don't want to mix birds from different flocks, it looks like I'm in the market for birds.
100_0367.jpg

100_0370.jpg

I had tore the yard up so bad that I had to plant all new grass
100_0365.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my goodness. So you have a beautiful new coop and a beautiful new lawn and no chickens? I hope you can find a new flock soon! What lucky chickens they will be, a home all ready as soon as you get them!

We're in the same predicament, new coop, no chickens. In our case I called a hatchery located in our home state and placed an order for a mix of day old brown layers that we will pick up next Tuesday after the hatch. Check Google for a hatchery in your area.

If you let me live there i will give you an egg a day. LOL Great job. Best i can figure i will have to sell and eat eggs for about 5yrs. to pay for my coop and runs(if i don't go crazy and order too many chicks again). I ended up with a triplex coop and 3 runs.

Back
Top Bottom