Getting day old chicks today

Sorry I’ll never be able to eat my roosters but I know some people do I just couldn’t deal with it!
I think I could eat them…probably even help process them…but don’t think I could do the actual cull myself. But intellectually, a good life cut a little short is better than what the supermarket chickens got.

I think I could eat them…probably even help process them…but don’t think I could do the actual cull myself. But intellectually, a good life cut a little short is better than what the supermarket chickens got.
We have family who have chickens and want a rooster and we will advertise. And yes, we will eat them if we have a lot. We feel it's a much better life than supermarket chickens and my husband believes in respecting an animals life, including in how you process them for food when needed. We will keep a rooster ourselves also. I have heard different stories and read different things about having more than 1 rooster but have also read that if they grow up as hatchling together you can have better success keeping more than one. However we do know roosters can all depend on each bird.

So far they seem happy, active awhile, then sleep awhile. No excessive chirping, seem content.🙂

Attachments

• 20230415_201140.jpg
    20230415_201140.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230415_202201.jpg
    20230415_202201.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 2
That is very fair, I had trouble putting down a very sick hen before.
What are your plans for them? I’ve seen flocks with multiple roos and they’ve been fine
I’m hoping they do well together if they are too hard in the hens we may try to start a bachelor flock and if not we’ll find them homes! There’s a really nice lady that took my old rooster she gave me the three chicks and two of them are roosters so I’m guessing she’ll at least take one!

Back
Top Bottom