Getting feathers to look their best...

ZEM

Hatching
9 Years
May 29, 2010
One of my roosters spent some unauthorized time with a hen, and now her feathers are not quite in show condition... She is a silkie bantam and I was wondering if anyone could share some tips on how to get her feathers looking great again, in the shortest amount of time?

Also, I am new to showing, this is my first time... They've sent me the papers to fill out for the show, and I was wondering what is an "open show?"

One of my roosters spent some unauthorized time with a hen, and now her feathers are not quite in show condition... She is a silkie bantam and I was wondering if anyone could share some tips on how to get her feathers looking great again, in the shortest amount of time?

Also, I am new to showing, this is my first time... They've sent me the papers to fill out for the show, and I was wondering what is an "open show?"

If you were to post a picture it might be easier to offer some suggestions as to how to get your bird show ready. It's not clear, to me at least, what's wrong with her feathers.
An open show is simply open to any exhibitor as opposed to a junior show which is only open to exhibitors under a certain age.

Once feathers are torn, all you can do is wait for the bird to molt and grow new feathers.

Open show means open to anyone. Some shows are for juniors and some are for club members only.

With Silkies the feathers on their wings are supposed to be ragged otherwise they are not truly silkie. ZEM: What do you mean by not show condition? Are they dirty, Pulled out?

The "hard" feathers on the wings are supposed to be "shredded" like that! Your roo did not do that to her.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom