Getting Goat kids

Awesome ideas for playing on..:woot
Okay well I'll definitely be keeping you informed about the mineral and soda intake when needed. How much goat food a day? Hay 24/7 right?
Hi CR :)

I'm not a goat expert at all, but one thing I do know is that goats will refuse to eat any hay that is soiled. So if they can step on it or poop on it, they won't eat it. I recommend using a hay rack or net.

Hi CR :)

I'm not a goat expert at all, but one thing I do know is that goats will refuse to eat any hay that is soiled. So if they can step on it or poop on it, they won't eat it. I recommend using a hay rack or net.
Yes. Thanks. I have expensive hay nets that were for my horses so have that hung up for the kids..:thumbsup

Baking soda available full time here. No coats, it will interfere with them developing a good winter coat and being able to regulate their own body temperature.

Rocks, spools, and anything they can jump up on is fun to goats. They also like walking planks, and rubbing on everything.

I generally just use a sweet 16. Whatever you use, use it sparingly. Goats need roughage, and browse. Grain is for pregnant or milking does, or a bit as kids grow, but it isn't necessary. Most of mine were raised with zero grain in the diet.
Perfect...:thumbsup
I'm happy to learn...:wee

Back
Top Bottom