Getting Goat kids

The black one is a girl, the white one is a boy. Haven't completely decided if I want to whether him or not. They are not siblings but came from the same person.
They are adorable. My little boy is wethered already. I can't wait to get them. Way too excited.:celebrate

Congrats on your new goat adventures!

I spoil mine a bit with their food. They get 1/3 alfalfa pellets, 1/3 beet pulp shreds, and 1/3 goat pellets. And unlimited hay. I usually use loose goat minerals but I did get a block once because the little brats had been chewing on everything they could get a hold of.

As far as entertainment, goats love all sorts of stuff. I just got them moved up to a different barn so it's not quite how I want it yet.
20191011_133955.jpg
20191008_163438.jpg
20191008_163721.jpg
20191008_163721.jpg
20191008_163256.jpg

Another thing you need to think about is hoof care. I usually try to trim at least once a month. Some grow faster so 2x a month if I have the extra time and can catch them lol Of course my smallest brat and a drama queen are my quick growers.

Another thing is horns. Are they natural? Polled or dehorned? Scurs can be a pain in the butt to deal with. I've had to cut a few of mine that were growing into my bucks head and one that was close to my does eye.

Congrats on your new goat adventures!

I spoil mine a bit with their food. They get 1/3 alfalfa pellets, 1/3 beet pulp shreds, and 1/3 goat pellets. And unlimited hay. I usually use loose goat minerals but I did get a block once because the little brats had been chewing on everything they could get a hold of.

As far as entertainment, goats love all sorts of stuff. I just got them moved up to a different barn so it's not quite how I want it yet. View attachment 1943373 View attachment 1943374 View attachment 1943375 View attachment 1943375 View attachment 1943376

Another thing you need to think about is hoof care. I usually try to trim at least once a month. Some grow faster so 2x a month if I have the extra time and can catch them lol Of course my smallest brat and a drama queen are my quick growers.

Another thing is horns. Are they natural? Polled or dehorned? Scurs can be a pain in the butt to deal with. I've had to cut a few of mine that were growing into my bucks head and one that was close to my does eye.
Adorable..I'm so excited. I love the idea of recycled kids play ground toys.
They will have horns. Hopefully my one friend comes and teaches me how to trim their hooves when needed.
I ordered the loose minerals but the guy told my Son they won't need it till the are older..:idunno
Everyone seems to do things differently.:hmm

Back
Top Bottom