Getting Goat kids

Pics
Adorable..I'm so excited. I love the idea of recycled kids play ground toys.
They will have horns. Hopefully my one friend comes and teaches me how to trim their hooves when needed.
I ordered the loose minerals but the guy told my Son they won't need it till the are older..:idunno
Everyone seems to do things differently.:hmm
That play set came from a friend. They brought it over and her hubby put it together for me. Feet aren't too hard, watch some YouTube videos before you give it a go. And extra hands to hold helps a ton!

Yeah no. Minerals are good to have from the get go. I've seen babies with rough coats that shed out fine once they had minerals for a few weeks.

Also keep an eye on their poop and body. I had one kid develop coccidia after weaning. They all have small amounts but stress can cause a flare. Within a couple days she was down. She spent 2 weeks inside and on meds.

That play set came from a friend. They brought it over and her hubby put it together for me. Feet aren't too hard, watch some YouTube videos before you give it a go. And extra hands to hold helps a ton!

Yeah no. Minerals are good to have from the get go. I've seen babies with rough coats that shed out fine once they had minerals for a few weeks.

Also keep an eye on their poop and body. I had one kid develop coccidia after weaning. They all have small amounts but stress can cause a flare. Within a couple days she was down. She spent 2 weeks inside and on meds.
Okay I'll definitely watch them. I've never had coccidiosis issues with any Birds here and the pen I have set up is totally clean. I appreciate all the great information you and everyone else has provided me..:highfive:
The minerals will be in in a day or so too. :thumbsup

This is the feed I got. Please read and inform me if it’s okay. :idunno
FA363FBD-37B4-4E81-85E6-98473B68185D.jpeg

I like to think you are in a different time zone and there would already be goat pictures, but I'm pretty sure we're in the same time zone :barnie
It's 9:30am here. My Pal is loading a trailer so will be coming with babies once he is ready. He figured by 10:00am he would be here..?

I haven't read through all the posts yet but we have our goats an overeating shot every year for bloat. They can get goat polio pretty easily if they don't have goat mineral, so you'll need that for sure. My goats loved these goat treats that smell like licorice, I'd give them a handful a day because they were packed with vitamins too. Oh and get your electric fence going, they get out of everywhere. :th

I haven't read through all the posts yet but we have our goats an overeating shot every year for bloat. They can get goat polio pretty easily if they don't have goat mineral, so you'll need that for sure. My goats loved these goat treats that smell like licorice, I'd give them a handful a day because they were packed with vitamins too. Oh and get your electric fence going, they get out of everywhere. :th
Thanks that's funny and definitely scary too..:frow..I'm in for a lot of challenges I'm thinking..:th..:hugs

Back
Top Bottom