Getting Goat kids

You are the only one that can judge what is right for your situation. Ozzie does sound off from my experiences with goats. I haven't had too many I choose not to keep, but there's been a few, so I definitely understand.

We once took in a free Nigerian dwarf buck. Biggest mistake of my life. He was teased and played with by kids and he was a nasty horrible creature who tried to kill me daily. We kept him chained eventually. One day I was trying to retrieve his bucket and I fell backwards after he came at me. Luckily I was just out of his reach. That was the end of that fellow. Goats can be dangerous.

All you can do is give them a chance. If they don't work out, than they need to move on. That's my philosophy for any livestock we now keep.

You are the only one that can judge what is right for your situation. Ozzie does sound off from my experiences with goats. I haven't had too many I choose not to keep, but there's been a few, so I definitely understand.

We once took in a free Nigerian dwarf buck. Biggest mistake of my life. He was teased and played with by kids and he was a nasty horrible creature who tried to kill me daily. We kept him chained eventually. One day I was trying to retrieve his bucket and I fell backwards after he came at me. Luckily I was just out of his reach. That was the end of that fellow. Goats can be dangerous.

All you can do is give them a chance. If they don't work out, than they need to move on. That's my philosophy for any livestock we now keep.
Thanks Lisa..❤️
I just feel horrible and tried to justify his behaviour but it's not normal and I know it. He is too crazy or something? 😩😳 :idunno

:hugs You need one of these. It's okay, but I understand feeling bad about such decisions. You gotta look out for Fancy. Goats can seriously injure each other. I wouldn't put up with those behaviors either.
Thanks...I'm off finally to town and I'll let you know what I get here to replace Ozzy. I defiantly feel terrible..😕

He shouldn't be fertile if he has a retained testicle, but never say never. A properly castrated goat doesn't have a buck odor.
At this point I am at a loss for words. I know what he is doing and smells like and I know it shouldn't be happening if he is a wether. :hit
That's all I honestly know. I feel terrible sending him away. 😔

Back
Top Bottom