Getting my first chickens today!

Ashlea

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 3, 2014
Thomasburg Ontario
I'm so excited that our family is getting our chickens today. My husband built a beautiful coop for me well for our chickens and he is bringing them home soon. We are so excited to have fresh eggs and new friends!

I'm so excited that our family is getting our chickens today. My husband built a beautiful coop for me well for our chickens and he is bringing them home soon. We are so excited to have fresh eggs and new friends!
Welcome from Central Oregon!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm sure you are excited, I sure was when I first got mine, too! How old are the chickens you are getting today?

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Congratulations! It's always so exciting getting those first chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens are you getting?

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Congrats on the new flock! Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of good articles on all the aspects of keeping your flock...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

If they are of laying age, they may stop laying for a few weeks due to the stress of moving. Just keep things quiet around the coop for a while, move slowly around them, keep all loud noises and such to a dull roar and keep fake eggs in the nest boxes so they know where you want them to lay. If you plan on free ranging, lock them in a coop for a few days so they know where home is and will always return there.

Good luck with your new flock and welcome to ours!

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I have been checking out the site for aboht a week and found it to be a great resource! Mu chickens were all born in May and they are just beautiful. We have one plymouth barred rock a buff brahma and an australorp. I only got to see them for a few minutes when they came home because it was already dark and I didn't want to shine any light on them. Can't wait to wake up and see them tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom