Getting my first chicks tomorrow!

Lancsgs

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
Choctaw Oklahoma
Hello, my name is Laura and I am new to the Chicken world but have done tons of research! I plan on purchasing 4 Ameraucana pullets tomorrow. They will be used for their eggs. My girlfriend and I are trying to eat more from the land and since moving to our 1 acre property in Choctaw, OK we have been planing on researching gardening and of course having our own chickens. We chose to have four since we eat about 4 eggs a day and the Ameraucana for their rainbow of color eggs. I'm excited for the 18 weeks to be over to be able to harvest the eggs! Please if you have any tips feel free to send them my way!

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! Glad to have you here! See you around the forum.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Congrats on your new chicks! Being more self reliant is always a great way to live and also a healthier lifestyle for the body and mind.

Definitely follow the links that Kelsie has provided for some good reads. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Make yourself at home and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom