Getting rid of cable. Best streaming video provider?

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
In an effort to save money, I think I am getting rid of my cable bundle. I'll keep the internet, but drop the home phone and cable part. I'm thinking about picking up a video provider though. I like that the Netflix DVD program has every DVD known to man, but their streaming video options seems pretty slim so far as variety goes. I'd do the hard version, but I am really bad about mailing stuff and would never get the DVD back in the mail.
roll.png

What other streaming video options are there? What are y'all's experiences with them? I don't go to a lot of movies in the theatre, so it isn't a problem already seeing stuff. I do tend to like the older movies (especially musicals). I'm not all that into the horror and hardcore dramas. I just like generally happy movies.
smile.png
Something that has TV shows also would be nice.

Any suggestions?

I used to really like Hulu because it was FREE....now it seems they are charging for it. I guess I will sign up with them though because they have a ton of TV shows. I also have netflix, but I think I will just get the streaming version as I dont want to pay more for that either.

When I got rid of our cable and phone I asked around and people liked netflix,but I just saw someone posting that they are raising their prices.Still,if you have good net services they are good. I ended up getting nothing.We just watch on the computer or get free movies from the library interloan program.

I use netflix quite a bit, on my computer, through my wii on my tv, and even on my iphone. i just cancelled the DVD plan, because they raised prices and I rarely used it anyways. They actually have a pretty big selection of stuff to stream, lots of TV series, and its a good way to discover new shows.
I also use hulu for current shows. So far I haven't been interested in hulu plus. Maybe when it becomes available on Wii I might be more interested. I'm not going to pay to watch shows on my laptop, where I get poor sound quality compared to the TV.

we have been cable-free since 2006! we still have the internet and use hulu to watch programming. we have no interest getting netflix or hulu plus.

I'd go with Netflix video streaming. From when I used it at my aunts it had a good selection, I thought. Also you can rent videos - stream them - from Amazon and stuff too..It costs about 4$ though.
I think they have a 30 day free trial of Netflix don't they? We were thinking of trying that first and probably getting it, you could try that and see how you like it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom