Getting rid of skunk smell?

HipMystic

✨Orchids and Moonlight✨
Nov 12, 2020
Nowhere
I was unlucky enough to startle a skunk last night when I went to lock the girls in (to protect against said skunk). I didn’t get sprayed directly, but it did spray inside the coop, and the smell is sticking to my clothes every time I go down to the coop. Unfortunately I had to drive my car after dealing with it last night, so the smell is also in my car interior. I did put an air freshener up and a dish of baking soda inside, but I’m not sure what else I can use that’s not going to stain?
Does anyone have any recommendations for getting the smell out of
A. The coop (all wood),
B. My car interior, and
C. My clothing
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

No need to throw the clothes away. I add about a jigger of Clorox to the washing machine when I wash my skunk pants. Along with the detergent it works good.
What about your skunk shirt? Oh yeah, you don't have one. 🤣🤣🤣

Snl America GIF

I instantly thought of that Seinfeld episode where the valet guy had such bad B.O. and Jerry couldn't get rid of the smell. It stuck to everyone that got into the car. He couldn't even give the car away😂🤣 Anyways, look online for a recipe that has vinegar and Dawn dish soap in it. I don't remember the recipe exactly but it's what we used to tell people at the vet clinic, to get rid of skunk smell

I was unlucky enough to startle a skunk last night when I went to lock the girls in (to protect against said skunk). I didn’t get sprayed directly, but it did spray inside the coop, and the smell is sticking to my clothes every time I go down to the coop. Unfortunately I had to drive my car after dealing with it last night, so the smell is also in my car interior. I did put an air freshener up and a dish of baking soda inside, but I’m not sure what else I can use that’s not going to stain?
Does anyone have any recommendations for getting the smell out of
A. The coop (all wood),
B. My car interior, and
C. My clothing
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
When I got the basement skunked I made up a 5% solution of bleach and water. I used this to mist the basement several times daily. It helped.

When I deal with a trapped skunk now, I spray the air and area with a 15% hydrogen peroxide solution. I also add one capful of Clorox to my bath water. Be caredul with the amount of Clorox added to bath water as it will release Chlorine gas which is toxic.

Back
Top Bottom