Skunk Deterent.

Captain13

Songster
Sep 6, 2022
Kathleen, Ga
A week ago, I noticed the dirt around my coop and run scratched up in big spots. No real digging, just some cone shaped holes about 3 inches deep. I didn’t figure it out until two days ago when I detected the strong scent of a skunk. After some research, I discovered that they don‘t like the smell of citrus fruit. So I picked up some oranges and put the peels and fruit around where the skunk was tearing up the ground. After two days, no more skunk scratching and the smell has disappeared. I guess it worked. Just thought I would pass it along. And yeah, chickens can’t have citrus fruit so if you use this method, make sure the chickens can’t get to the fruits and peelings.

Hello!

Interesting! I never would have thought of that… thanks for sharing the info! I don’t have skunks (or many predators at all, for that matter) near me, but I will definitely recommend it to anyone here or somewhere else that may need it!

A week ago, I noticed the dirt around my coop and run scratched up in big spots. No real digging, just some cone shaped holes about 3 inches deep. I didn’t figure it out until two days ago when I detected the strong scent of a skunk. After some research, I discovered that they don‘t like the smell of citrus fruit. So I picked up some oranges and put the peels and fruit around where the skunk was tearing up the ground. After two days, no more skunk scratching and the smell has disappeared. I guess it worked. Just thought I would pass it along. And yeah, chickens can’t have citrus fruit so if you use this method, make sure the chickens can’t get to the fruits and peelings.
I got these for my coop, so far no visitors. The ratings on these are excellent from those who purchased, so I thought I would try them. So far so good. I would like a few more. They solar charge in the day and come on at night.

Careland Nighttime Animal Deterrent Light Solar Powered Nocturnal Animal Repeller with Bright Strobe LED Lights Scare Skunk Coyote Weasel Wolf Away for Garden Chicken Coop Orchards Livestock (4 Pack)​

On Amazon. They look like little wolf heads and the eyes light up red and blink.

You need to get you some white paint and a black female cat. Paint a white stripe down the cats back and release. Skunk will fall in love and pursue the cat far away from your chickens. Source: saw it on TV

Back
Top Bottom