Getting shippment of meaties tomorrow morn! Update...did not come :(

Hangin Wit My Peeps

AutumnBreezeChickens.com
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Birnamwood, Wisconsin
I'm so excited and can't sleep LOL The P.O. will call me bright and early and here I am still up! I just hope they DO arrive on time. I better get some sleep but just wanted to share. The shipment is coming from JMHatchery.

Last edited:
They were suppose to be here bright and early but no show they were. I have a call into the p.o. and they are calling the distribution center to try and find them for me. This is a really small town and they are really nice about it. THey are as worried about them as I am. I called JMHatchery and they were indeed sent and they said they should be fine till the morning but still...I want my babies safe here
sad.png
I'm worried now and I hope they call with good news and I can run to the distribution center and get them there. Keep ur fingers crossed for me! Are chicks ok for three days in the mail. I always got mine in one or two days at the longest.

I've received several batches on the second morning without any real problems. Just get them in the brooder and teach them to eat and drink right away. They should be fine.

Yesterday my turkeys were due to arrive, and the PO did not call by 11, which is usually the latest I expect chicks.

When I called, the temporary postmistress said that no more could be expected that day. WORRY WORRY WORRY.

Then I got a call just before 6 pm that they came in on the last truck. Luckily I hadn't gone into the city or something. I rushed out -- the employees stayed for me -- and got them home. All are fine. They didn't have to spend an extra night in their box in the PO.

So make sure your PO has your cell number, and stay in the area. Or stay home if you have no cell.

Back
Top Bottom