Getting started with guineas

I'll let the experts chime in with an answer to your questions but for now I will just say hi and welcome to BYC

Cheers
Ct

I don't really know anything about Guineas but I did want to say, "Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!"

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about Guineas (never had any), but definitely post on our Guinea section in Other Backyard Poultry under the Forum at the top of the page and take advantage of our Guinea experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Guineas can and do free range and can do so well at it that they need very little feed in the summer. You will have to supplement them in the winter. However, they don't have ANY defense other than escape from both daytime and nighttime predators if you let them roost outside of a predator proof coop.

Edit to add: unless you have a LARGE acreage, they will be wandering on your neighbor's property. Not all neighbors appreciate that.

Last edited:
You can post your questions on the "Guinea thread," where people breed and raise them. I'm sure they could offer the best advice.

Back
Top Bottom