getting the birds in

broken bridge farms

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 6, 2011
i got 25 chickens as soon as i open the door in the morning they all come out at night i have to chase them around and catch them and put them in the coop how can i train them to go in at night

Lock them in the coop for a week so they know its home. Once they do, life is SO easy. I've never had to chase a bird - all I do is wait until they're all in the coop and then go and shut the door.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
That's how I trained mine

And if I want them in early, I just go out and call "TREATS" and they all come running. Then I toss the treats and lock the door behind them.

Left mine in for a week when introduced to the coop and it was KILLING me during the day.. I wanted to let them out soooo bad!They all go in on their own...at first,I had 1 BR that wanted to roost in a pine tree,so I hosed the tree with water 2 nights in a row ...she stopped
smile.png
I also introduced two newer chickens to the group and they just followed the rest in, the older trained the younger...

When I got mine I locked them in the coop overnight. next day I let them out. Next night 2 or3 wouldn't go in. After dark I caught them and put them through the pop door. The forth night there were none left outside and none since.

Back
Top Bottom