Getting the feline stink eye to hit the hay

JennsPeeps

Rhymes with 'henn'
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
South Puget Sound
My cat in the avatar has a built-in alarm that goes off at 10p daily. He walks over to me, peeps and chirps at me (you'd think an 18-lb male would have more "manly" noises), purrs, and generally makes a stink for me to go to bed.

Tonight he's pulling out his full arsenal: kneading on my stomach, staring at me longingly, and even reaching out to softly bat at my chin.

"go to bed, mom!" he's begging!

So, off I go. Night, fair BYC friends.

lol soo cute!!! Savor those moments with special pets... I miss my old boy
sad.png

We are such slaves to our pets! Talk about being manipulated! One of mine tells me when to go to bed and when to get up. Trouble is, after I've gone to bed, she decides she wants out & back in the room several times.
barnie.gif

Bless....reminds me of my Toby cat.......does exactly the same thing...then if he wants to go out in the middle of the night...comes to the bed......then gently pats me on the chin with his paw, and does quiet miaows!!! (so as not to wake DH!)....wakes me and off we go to the front door....he is adorable.....

YES absolutely adore and enjoy those moments. I recently lost one of my male cats. I now wish so much that I spent more time with him. Treasure your cat!

For 19yrs. we were owned by a female that looked JUST like your fellow! She was the prissiest thing that ever walked the farm.. She was our alarm clock...as soon as 6am came rolling around she would jump on to the bedside table, walk all over it, purr, meow, rub on the lamp, once the clock went off and you did not get up......she would reach over and gently pat your face, meow, then rollover for tummy rubs. IF you didn't get up, the 'pats' became harder and with more claw with each pat! AS SOON as you threw the covers back, she flew down the hall and jumped on to the drier where she was fed!!!

On morning, the alarm went off, I jumped out of bed telling the kids it was time to get up, went into the kitchen, started the am routine... After about 45minutes, the kids came into the kitchen--soooooo mad that it was only 3am! Yes, Mizzza Wiggins (after The Carol Burnett character), had run the alarm clock time up three hours... lol

Back
Top Bottom