Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Last edited:
Nice Oz..
thumbsup.gif

and thats why, my dear friend, i could never live in the snow states.
Amen! I spent two winters in North Dakota and decided I was only going to visit that area in the summer! I was born and raised on the West coast and grew up knowing that rain was a lot easier to shovel than snow!
I'm a Left Coaster too, all my life. I now live where it snows just enough to thrill me for two days and then it's gone. Got three inches at the end of February. Second snow in almost two years living here. Lots of pretty pictures, not anything requiring shoveling. I'm okay with that.

Quote: I'm a Left Coaster too, all my life. I now live where it snows just enough to thrill me for two days and then it's gone. Got three inches at the end of February. Second snow in almost two years living here. Lots of pretty pictures, not anything requiring shoveling. I'm okay with that.
I am one too. here in the high desert we get about 72 hours worth of snow a year total..... Counts as part of our ten inches of precipitation for the year too. Nope no grass our green stuff is shrubbery and chaparal.

deb

I grew up in S. California, lived in central California during college, then made a bee-line out of the state and into Montana in '79. Loved the long winters and activities. Moved to Ohio for 12 years and then back to MT. I have noticed in the 4 years back here, I don't like my long winters much anymore. Too cold and dreary for too long of a time. We joke that the year here in MT is 9 months winter and 3 months visitors! DH and I are thinking we need to move more South. We have had enough snow to last the rest of our lives! But since our jobs are here, and others are hard to find anymore....

Mr. Oz - your family pix are beautiful. Has Mrs. Oz made a guest appearance on this
forum yet or is she camera shy? My husband recalls his one and only visit to the
Phillipines when he was a young boy. He went in toe with his mother and two brothers.
He remembers being there for a month or more experiencing a typhoon, pig roast
for his birthday, baths outside in a metal tub and learning lots of dirty words.
He has special memories. Your photos are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom