Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

You know you got yourself a keeper when their willing to smuggle eggs for ya! Yup!

who ever implied smuggling. that would be illegal
hide.gif

Ok OZ, I've just scared myself by calculating the fact that every single baby chick I have will be of "egg laying age" by the 3rd week of August. Provided all or most are pullets....which means out of. 14 breeds all hens should be laying eggs!!!! OH MY GOD!!

Ok OZ, I've just scared myself by calculating the fact that every single baby chick I have will be of "egg laying age" by the 3rd week of August. Provided all or most are pullets....which means out of. 14 breeds all hens should be laying eggs!!!! OH MY GOD!!
big breaths now

just have a few breeding pens and rotate them in. You will end up with all the babies you ever ever need. By the end of august i will take as many eggs off your hands as you need me to.

Mrs Oz has confirmed that she will be here may 5 - 15
wee.gif

We are planning to go away for the weekend in the middle. I cant wait. 10 days (well 12 with travel) is as long as she can be away from the kids and her university program.

Its also her Birthday today!! She just got the 3 dozen roses I sent and is going out to dinner with her family tonight. Its tough to be apart fro times like this.

Mrs Oz says she wont mind taking back a box of eggs in her golf bag. I can get one styrobator full - 42 in a box.

Now I have to pour over my notes on what to send. If I get super fresh local eggs she will have 4 days to get them to the farm and bernie to set. Maybe its a good time for 24 cuckoo marans and 18 white ameraucana to get the colored egg layers started - or maybe 42 white local guinea fowls - or perhaps 24 turkey eggs. oh my, such decisions. It does not really matter because I get to see my best friend and soul mate for 10 days and 10 nights - 243 hrs actually!!

Happy Birthday Inday!!!!! !!!
She really does have some stories to tell..You have carried her along on many of your adventures..Still she has just as many herself.And she loves you, my son..as surely as the sun rises and sets.I have just sent her a smilebox..Love to the both of you..really miss you both..love always.

Back
Top Bottom