Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

they lighten up once they dry off a little
i'll check in tomorrow for a updated peep count :)

OZ it is now clear to me that you just can't have quail in the "PI"

pig

By now you should know that I dont give up that easily.

This hatch has taught both Bernie and I a few secrets.

60 more quail eggs wont take up much space in the golf bag

We will succeed.

winner_Animation.gif
a 20 dollar amazon gift card has been delivered!!!

a 20 dollar amazon gift card has been delivered!!!
Thank you, I had a little clue when you mentioned they were from Kev. I follow the naked neck thread. And then you mentioned the colors and I knew what you have, cool little birds with skull caps and bow ties. Bernie is a goner, he will be a total pushover for "his" naked necks. I know I am for my three.

Thank you, I had a little clue when you mentioned they were from Kev. I follow the naked neck thread. And then you mentioned the colors and I knew what you have, cool little birds with skull caps and bow ties. Bernie is a goner, he will be a total pushover for "his" naked necks. I know I am for my three.
it pays to read all sorts of threads

who watches tv when they have byc???

The wonders of modern communication.

Bernie and I have been trading texts about the issue at hand. The correction required the purchase of supplies and his petty cash had been depleted. i used the xoom.com app on my phone, tapped in a password, selected his name, slid a tab to the right and in 15 seconds, his money was available for pick up.

The fee was 4.99.

Simply amazing

you have also been following along since page 7 or 8.

its been a wild ride

2 hours into Day 21- Monday at 1pm.

506 hours ago we set the eggs

Another 5 have hatched.

Another 2 RIR, a sebright and the second of pigletts buff orps

The main lot Australorps seem to be making their move. One is zipping and their are some pips. The previous zipping Aussie stalled half way and looks dead in shell.

its not over by a long shot.

I was bitten on the foot by a Fire ant in Brisbane, that bite gave me grief for months! Horrible little buggers. Sorry about the quail, but at least it would have been swift.

So the early birds are out, and now it should be the main body, I think you are at about 41 now, I didn't go back and re-count. Hope the next 24 hours really boost that figure.

Plus, 'bator is working a treat for you, as that was also an unknown at the start of this hatch.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom