Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    OZ did you loose any chicks this week? I would love to see a few pics of the fest! Well it will be finalized soon right???

2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

The festival was amazing. I will definitely post pics. I took some video I will upload as well

No losses so far. The chicks look strong.

1 person likes this.
  3. OffGridMAMA

OffGridMAMA Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2012
    valley center, CA
    Can't wait to see the pics :) safe travels!

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

5. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Its midnight Sunday.

I have to get up early to finish my honey do list before I head off. Its a 3-4 hr drive to the airport. Then i have a four hour lay over in Manila. With tne drive home in SoCal its about 26 hours door to door. I will have 8 more hours to sleep then back to work. No rest for the wicked.

6. Rockashelle

Rockashelle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Snohomish, WA
    Have a very safe trip! Can't wait to see all the pictures and what you end up bringing back with you on your next trip!

7. SusanRenee

SusanRenee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2012
    Hauser, ID
    At day 15, we have the following tally.. out of 42 eggs, 12 from down the road, and 30 from my coop, 36 are developing nicely, one was for sure a blood ring, and 5 are suspect, but probably bad. I left them in as no smell or leak. I'm estatic at the prospects this Sunday night brings!! My boys are doing well, as only one of the suspect eggs are mine.

Enjoy the trip back to So Cal, even thought it means missing your family... Maybe you and the chickies can Skype, hehe. I do miss the opportunity to wear flip flips in the winter since we moved here two years ago from So Cal, I grew up in Orange County. I might have to hit you up for your egg contacts next time we drive back and make my own Chicken Run!

ETA: I tried to put a quote in this, but alas, no luck.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  8. 3Dchicken

3Dchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    T'is a good song by Cage The Elephant!!!

Have a good trip!

9. OffGridMAMA

OffGridMAMA Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2012
    valley center, CA
    Hope you're home safe :) because we wanna see pictures!!!!!!

(When you can LOL)

10. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

After another day's delay with ticketing dramas, I am back in SoCal. Work in 8 hours.

[​IMG]

My family in the back row. The girl in the center some TV personality that I dont know. She was one of the judges for the Sinulog festival of Kabankalan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will post more chicken picks asap

1 person likes this.