Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Next are some pics of the June hatch. These guys are 13 weeks old now. The serious egg layers should be laying by thanksgiving.

The Blue Black and Splash could be Jersey Giants or English Orpingtons. I will have to turn them upside down and look at the color of the feet to tell. Then I will tag them. There are also Buff and Lav Orps, a Black Bresse, Naked Necks, Rocks in the bunch. Oh and a few Guineas Bernie saved from the cat.

I have two roos that came back from my father in law - an EE and a RLBW that are in their 3rd week of quarantine. Quarantine is a converted pig stall. They should be out by Saturday. The next pen will be the duck brooder if the Khaki Campbell eggs hatch

Eye candy pics
yippiechickie.gif

And congrats on his yank-ifying. where is he from?

Thanks! He's from Azores, Portugal.

A lot of people were impacted by those changes in 1996. A lot of immigrants found themselves on the slate for deportation, many of them for crimes they committed years and years prior. Most of them had successfully turned their lives around, but for most, it didn't matter. Because the US Constitution does not protect immigrants, they were subject to the retroactive application of the law. It was (and still is) a mess.

And USCIS isn't doing anything to really alleviate the issue, either. If anything, they are looking to close the loopholes that some, like my husband, were using to be able to stay. My husband had his felony vacated due to not having his alien rights read to him at trial. Course, when he was in trouble, there wasn't really a need to read the alien rights because his specific charge would not have resulted in deportation at that time.

In the last couple of years, USCIS has moved to close that loophole and is now saying that, even if your felony was vacated, you *may* still be deported. It was a difficult decision, whether or not to keep him on his LPR card, or to expose himself to deportation by applying for citizenship.

5 years ago, when he applied, he was denied on a technicality. We felt completely sucker-punched. We could have appealed, at a significant cost. We decided to wait the five years and reapply.

We didn't think he'd get it this time either...and were shocked when they approved. We're so so thankful its over with. He never has to worry about being deported again. *phew*

The latest immigrants.

They are doing well

If that is all the chicken chicks I am not sure I see any male cream legbars at all.
The chipmunk-strped chick in the bottom right of the last pic looks like a female cream legbar. If it is not the same chick as in pic 2 on the left you should have 2 females . If the same chick, and the only "tan" chick came from a blue egg it could just be a very light boy CL if it has a white splodge on its head, but more likely an "ameraubar" (wheaten ameraucana x CL).

If that is all the chicken chicks I am not sure I see any male cream legbars at all.
The chipmunk-strped chick in the bottom right of the last pic looks like a female cream legbar. If it is not the same chick as in pic 2 on the left you should have 2 females . If the same chick, and the only "tan" chick came from a blue egg it could just be a very light boy CL if it has a white splodge on its head, but more likely an "ameraubar" (wheaten ameraucana x CL).

the ones with blue leg bands are the legbars. they almost look white here, i agree that chick in the bottom corner sure looks like a cl pullet chick!

Back
Top Bottom