Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Wholly CRap..... Did I see a smidgen of worry on your face in that one shot.... Has she done something like this before?

dang....

deb

1 person likes this.
  2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

i looked scared but i was more concerned with trying to get a good shot with the camera lol.

3. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Its Lanzones season in the Philippines

[​IMG]

Mrs Oz and Toni picked up a bushel on the way home from school.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

like i said..... scary women

5. OffGridMAMA

OffGridMAMA Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2012
    valley center, CA
    Laughing so hard I'm crying ;) apparently we aren't sissies around here.... scary women rock :)

6. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    That video of Mrs Oz bungy jumping reminds me of the time I went to Queenstown in New Zealand MAINLY to do the bungy jump.

That was way before it became popular (and safer) and was with the AJ Hackett company who apparently invented it there.

That was a LONG LONG time ago and I still remember it like yesterday. A life high point but NEVER again. The glacier climbing the next day without ropes (unbelievably stupid - one slip and you could be dead 100ft down a crevasse) seemed tame in comparison.

My then BF (who became DH) thought I was totally crazy but had to jump too since I had [​IMG]

Only regret is that we did not get the video. $20 seemed too much to spend on a video when back-packing across the world...

The certificates do reside on the wall in our bathroom though and we still have the t-shirts......

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. apteryx

apteryx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2013
    Alabama
    Did you go to the winery across the road? The drive in and out along a narrow ledge is great fun!

8. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    No- we were too young and poor to be into wine!

We did buy a car as one was offered for about the same price as a 1 week rental - should have figured there was something fishy...

it was a very old white (ish) Honda civic. We soon found that it used equal parts oil and gas [​IMG]

The worst of it was at with no particular warning it would accelerate uncontrollable, usually when stopping at one of those one lane bridge-over-canyon passes when a truck was coming straight at you, or going around some cliff-face road. It was a thing possessed.

We called it Psycho sheep - and for good reason.

9. Sweetpea3829

Sweetpea3829 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    True story.

My husband, who immigrated here as a 3 yr old boy, got himself into a HEAP of trouble as a teenager. He and a bunch of boys were driving around with a sawed off shotgun, just being idiots. Well they got pulled over and guess who got arrested? Because he was 19, he served 6 months over the whole shebang.

Then, because he was an immigrant, in 1996 when the immigrant laws changed, he suddenly found himself at risk of deportation because unlawful possession is considered an aggravated felony. When he and I married in 2004, we set out to deal with his immigration issues, had the felony successfully vacated and then set out to have him naturalized.

9 years and many thousands of dollars later, he finally became a US Citizen last week.

So...no, the US does NOT like immigrants with guns, lol!

2 people like this.
  10. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Lots of kids that do something silly while on a green card end up getting deported. They used to give adoptees green cards instead of citizenship even though one or both parents were citizens. There were hundreds of 17 year olds sent back to Vietnam and Korea with no knowledge of their birth country or its language. Fortunately they no recognise the child of a US citizen as a US citizen regardless of whether the child was natural born or adopted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by