Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. piglett

piglett Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    the last time i went to the province i has a hammer, 30" pry bar,hand saw, screw drivers, bitbrace,drill bits, & a bunch of other tools in my checked bag
    i'm sure that looked funny when they scanned it :)

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

3. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

y'all must be doing something wrong with your rabbits then..
    Whenever i fix rabbit for company they can't believe how good it is

1 person likes this.
  4. Knittycat

Knittycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Bay City, TX
    Hey Expat, you've mentioned that you worry about the power going out when you are incubating. With as many chooks as you have now, I'm sure you'll have enough broodies to take care of any eggs you wish to hatch, however, in case you want to incubate again, have you ever considered an oil lamp 'powered' incubator? No worries about the power going out!

5. ZakoHero

ZakoHero Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2013
    Algeria
    Oh..XD..I love rabbit...I had 7 rabbits and they had babies then we ate all of the 7 old Rabbits then a wild animal came and ate ALL of the 17 baby rabbits..we are getting more next week but we already made them a house!!LOL

6. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

I was looking for something to increase my workers protein supply that was readily available.

There are not a lot of bunny choices in the Phils and a darn lot harder to import than an egg.

I may just stick to Coturnix.

7. ZakoHero

Jan 7, 2013
    Algeria
    Oh too bad your not going to get bunnies...They are amazing and are verry yummy!!

8. ZakoHero

Jan 7, 2013
    Algeria
    And cute!!!

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    OZ what are your plans as far as health with the chickens, will you have supplies on hand or will you have to take them along with you?

10. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

there are agrivet supply stores. i bought NCD vaccine for 4 bucks. antiobiotics are over the counter

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by