Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

you have no idea how I can relate to that.

I have been known to bring a few pounds of non-declared cheese with me to the Philippines - dairy is nor their strong point. TSA will always do a secondary screen on it - it looks just like plastic explosives on their scanner. Just after 9-11 I had to eat some to show it was really cheese!

With my status as a frequent flier, I have a 254lb luggage allowance. I have been know to carry what would be normally be considered ridiculous items to the Philippines - but some times its a case of it being cheaper or easier to get here. Last time I took 2 trailer wheels with tires, a set of leaf springs and a hitch receiver. The red trailer I built over Christmas is half chinese american lol.

I wish I was at OHare when Amazing Grace was blasting - we could have had a flash mob!
the last time i went to the province i has a hammer, 30" pry bar,hand saw, screw drivers, bitbrace,drill bits, & a bunch of other tools in my checked bag
i'm sure that looked funny when they scanned it :)

Quote: x2 Rabbit is not even worth killing it to eat in my book, more work cleaning that how much tendons and ligaments you get on your plate..... plus its not tasty. Small birds are VERY tastey and some are worth processing, rabbits and bunnies not so much. If I need to add so much flavoring to something to eat it, I dont WANT to eat it, lol... just my opinion

x2 Rabbit is not even worth killing it to eat in my book, more work cleaning that how much tendons and ligaments you get on your plate..... plus its not tasty. Small birds are VERY tastey and some are worth processing, rabbits and bunnies not so much. If I need to add so much flavoring to something to eat it, I dont WANT to eat it, lol... just my opinion
y'all must be doing something wrong with your rabbits then..
Whenever i fix rabbit for company they can't believe how good it is

Hey Expat, you've mentioned that you worry about the power going out when you are incubating. With as many chooks as you have now, I'm sure you'll have enough broodies to take care of any eggs you wish to hatch, however, in case you want to incubate again, have you ever considered an oil lamp 'powered' incubator? No worries about the power going out!

x2 Rabbit is not even worth killing it to eat in my book, more work cleaning that how much tendons and ligaments you get on your plate..... plus its not tasty. Small birds are VERY tastey and some are worth processing, rabbits and bunnies not so much. If I need to add so much flavoring to something to eat it, I dont WANT to eat it, lol... just my opinion
Oh..XD..I love rabbit...I had 7 rabbits and they had babies then we ate all of the 7 old Rabbits then a wild animal came and ate ALL of the 17 baby rabbits..we are getting more next week but we already made them a house!!LOL

I was looking for something to increase my workers protein supply that was readily available.

There are not a lot of bunny choices in the Phils and a darn lot harder to import than an egg.

I may just stick to Coturnix.

I was looking for something to increase my workers protein supply that was readily available.

There are not a lot of bunny choices in the Phils and a darn lot harder to import than an egg.

I may just stick to Coturnix.
Oh too bad your not going to get bunnies...They are amazing and are verry yummy!!

OZ what are your plans as far as health with the chickens, will you have supplies on hand or will you have to take them along with you?

Back
Top Bottom