Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I forgot to ask, with all the coconuts in abundance, did you ever gave them some young coconut water?
Its full of free electrolytes, when its hot I give them some they stand there drinking and drinking..you can see they like it.
Its natures I.V.

When we harvest the Coconuts we do collect some of the water. We also harvest a dozen green coconuts per week when we are at the farm and drink young coconut water. My wife and kids devour the snotty young coconut flesh. Its part of the fun of coming to the beach house.

don't forget the pictures OZ :)

got my 1st egg from my english orpingtons in moths today
maybe i'll have eggs to send for your next trip after all .....?
but i know for sure that i have to thin out my buff orpingtons (ready the ax)
i have better than 20 & the coop is getting small

Glad to hear they are starting to earn their keep again.

Glad to hear they are starting to earn their keep again.

the wife processes most of the old laying hens they were going on 2 years old
i just have so many (18) young pullets ready to fill the ranks
i saw no point in keeping so many in the coop
all of them were over stressed.
so i am now down to 18 pullets & 2 roosters one is a lemon cuchoo
the other is only 6 month old buff orpington he is already huge (bigger than the lemon)

the other coop has my high dollar britts
i'm looking to sell off a couple extra black pullets so the others have some breathing room.

oh i also have 2 soon to lay white bresse pullets in with them
once i do a test hatch i think i'll see about getting some ebay eggs
i so need to hatch out a cockerel for them.

I have one black bresse roo over here. I have eggs hoping for a few hens. I have both black and white in the cooker.

The first farrowing pen just needs the gatesfor the sow section, the feeder and a 3/4 union to attach the nipple for watering.

The kids have colds and were very restless last night. Mrs Oz and I are pretty much zombies today. Ah the joys of middle aged parenting.

I have one black bresse roo over here. I have eggs hoping for a few hens. I have both black and white in the cooker.

The first farrowing pen just needs the gatesfor the sow section, the feeder and a 3/4 union to attach the nipple for watering.

The kids have colds and were very restless last night. Mrs Oz and I are pretty much zombies today. Ah the joys of middle aged parenting.

i'm sure you will get it all worked out OZ

i'm sure you will get it all worked out OZ

Oh of course. Just daily drama. I need to hang out here tomorrow so we will wait until Friday to do the trip across the island.

As I am probably going to Bernie's home town, I will bring him with me as navigator. It will be interesting spending 16 hours with him in a car.

Oh of course. Just daily drama. I need to hang out here tomorrow so we will wait until Friday to do the trip across the island.

As I am probably going to Bernie's home town, I will bring him with me as navigator. It will be interesting spending 16 hours with him in a car.

sounds like a great road trip
how much is a small bottle of coke going for in the province?
i think we were giving 6 pesos
we only had a motor bike to get around so i made a point in stopping often
to get another little ice cold coke
after all it was hot out
lol.png

I think they are 10 pesos (22 cents) provided you don't take the bottle.

If you want it to go they pour it into a plastic bag and give you a straw.

10p ....too much!!
rant.gif

i stay there & drink it
one time in Manila i got a coke
without asking me they had put a straw in the bottle
as soon as i put my mouth on the straw i figured out that it had already been USED
tongue.gif

it had bite marks in it from some kid
so i'll be a man & drink straight out of the bottle

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom