Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Yes, but if a madman is will to pay good money for surplus roo's, that means all the more feed I can buy to raise more surplus roo's!

Scott
i have only been able to get 5 bucks each here
so they are worth more in meat to me.

Last edited:
Now you sound like an old fashioned guy like I am, I will trust a lot of jobs to other people, BUT not any electrical work that me or mine have to live with!!

Scott
i do everything myself , you know the old saying "if you want something done rite"
i had a guy put in a new 200 amp service to my house
i had gutted the entire inside & already removed the old wiring
he put 1 outlet in so i could use my drill then i told him "ok i'm all set"

OZ do they use 2 hot wires (for 230volts) comming into the main panel like we do in the states?

i do everything myself , you know the old saying "if you want something done rite"
i had a guy put in a new 200 amp service to my house
i had gutted the entire inside & already removed the old wiring
he put 1 outlet in so i could use my drill then i told him  "ok i'm all set"

OZ do they use 2 hot wires (for 230volts) comming into the main panel like we do in the states?

The only area of the world that uses 2x 110v is the Americas. To get sufficient watts down a wire you need two of them. US has two hot wires and the return is through the ground.

The rest of the world uses 220-240v. Two wires come in but one is the return. IE a pos and a neg. A 1000w only draws 4.5 amps instead of 9 amps.

I have a 5000w converter (which I blew the fuse on yesterday) that will run anything I have from the USA.

The only area of the world that uses 2x 110v is the Americas. To get sufficient watts down a wire you need two of them. US has two hot wires and the return is through the ground.

The rest of the world uses 220-240v. Two wires come in but one is the return. IE a pos and a neg. A 1000w only draws 4.5 amps instead of 9 amps.

I have a 5000w converter (which I blew the fuse on yesterday) that will run anything I have from the USA.
Funny people the Yanks- use a strange low voltage, still use that odd Fahrenheit system for temperatures, and write all their dates back to front!

xxxxx M

Funny people the Yanks- use a strange low voltage, still use that odd Fahrenheit system for temperatures, and write all their dates back to front!

xxxxx M

Amen!
lol.png

xxxxx M

I think a lot of us 40-something Americans find it rather odd too... When I was in elementary school we learned the metric system and were told we would be using only that system some day soon. 30+ years later, that day has yet to come.

Back
Top Bottom