Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

i plan on building a couple of big coops in the Philippine province of Romblon where my inlaws are

have a great day everyone
i know someone who could sell you some orpingtons
lau.gif

when you are ready, just come by and get whatever breeds you want. i may even deliver. there is only one island between us

Quote: I dont know if its just California but I have experienced Road TROLLs as well. Usually lonely angry people who got ridden out of the city on a rail.... I had one such fellow that I kid you not They had a block party in the city when he moved up to my neck of the woods.
I smile let them rant say alot of "Oh dears" With a sympathy voice and use words that are non commital then avoid them as completely as I can.

deb

i know someone who could sell you some orpingtons
lau.gif

when you are ready, just come by and get whatever breeds you want. i may even deliver. there is only one island between us
I'll have to get at least 1 proper coop all setup 1st

my sister inlaw is going to be moving to Mississippi in the next couple years (just got married to a Pinoy who is a USC) so her guest house will be ready if you want to pop on by

hey pig:

does your wife have a high school grad relative who wants to get into agricultural studies and can handle living on another island?
all of my wife's siblings were pushed hard by their farther to go to college or they would be forced to stay in the province sell fruit & help on the fishing boat

all of them thought college looked like a much better plan.............. i wonder why :)
lau.gif

the girls couldn't even date till they were done college, no kidding

so all the siblings have jobs

1 sister who is a lawyer

1 brother is a teacher

1 midwife (she has a husband who works on a container ship)

1 brother is a police officer in Manila

2 brothers who also work on container ships

the rest of my wife's cousins either never cared much for school & are happy to live almost 100% on fish

& rice (there is a long list of this type) : (

or they are older & already have family's in Sibuyan (there is a short list of these)

if my wife thinks of someone i will let you know

it's hard to get people out of a rut, if they have lived that way their whole life

you know what they say about leading a horse to water

well i don't mean to have this come out the wrong way BUT................

you can also lead a Pinoy to water & even offer him good pay at the same time

but that will not always make him wish to drink
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif
that could backfire you know at least in my part of the world that would invite someone to see if they can hit that target... to see if you are right.

My neighbor has a cap and ball pistol He sets his targets up on my land and shoots from his living room window....
gig.gif
lau.gif
Sounds like a frikin cannon.... And happens to cross the road.... Not to worry it wont reach my house which is about a thousand feet away.... Hes one of the good ones...

deb

gig.gif
lau.gif
that could backfire you know at least in my part of the world that would invite someone to see if they can hit that target... to see if you are right.

My neighbor has a cap and ball pistol He sets his targets up on my land and shoots from his living room window....
gig.gif
lau.gif
Sounds like a frikin cannon.... And happens to cross the road.... Not to worry it wont reach my house which is about a thousand feet away.... Hes one of the good ones...

deb
I mean if they step on my property then they are in range..LOL ..oh and she is sending another sign that says "Castle Law enforced here"
and for those of you not from Texas...Castle Law is awesome! I can't wait to move to Texas...well except for the weather...but still everything considered Texas seems to be the place!

Hey Oz,I was taking with my 17 YO DD (you may have met her a while back) about the chicken mission and the things you get together for the orphans. And she said "he is a really beautiful person".

Now that from a 17 YO is something!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom