Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Please send me plans & instructions for that bator!!!! My 3 styro bators keep fluxing really bad on temps & killing entire hatches. I really need a new bator!!!
what brand of bator are you using?
i was looking at a little giant but after talking to people who
had them in the past i figured i would pass
i ended up going with 2 hovabators 1 has the picture window so i use that 1 as a hatcher
& my turner is in the other. oh also both have a fan kit in them.

good luck
piglett

what brand of bator are you using?
i was looking at a little giant but after talking to people who
had them in the past i figured i would pass
i ended up going with 2 hovabators 1 has the picture window so i use that 1 as a hatcher
& my turner is in the other. oh also both have a fan kit in them.

good luck
piglett
I have an LG, a Hovabator & a Farm Innovator's, all still air & turned by hand. It's really not the bators, because they hatched fine all last year at my old house. It's the temp flux in my new house caused by the remodeling we are doing. The house temp can swing nearly 30F in a day since temps drop near 50F at night inside with all the heaters running (20F outside) & then we get 60F outside & forget to turn off heaters & the temp in the house shoots to 80F. Even some of the cabinet bators would have trouble handling temp swings like my house gets. The good news is, we had 3 babies hatch last night & it looks like more on the way. Temps are finally holding a bit better & babies are surviving.

I have an LG, a Hovabator & a Farm Innovator's, all still air & turned by hand. It's really not the bators, because they hatched fine all last year at my old house. It's the temp flux in my new house caused by the remodeling we are doing. The house temp can swing nearly 30F in a day since temps drop near 50F at night inside with all the heaters running (20F outside) & then we get 60F outside & forget to turn off heaters & the temp in the house shoots to 80F. Even some of the cabinet bators would have trouble handling temp swings like my house gets. The good news is, we had 3 babies hatch last night & it looks like more on the way. Temps are finally holding a bit better & babies are surviving.
most bators will not hold temp if it gets below 60f in the room
once you get 1 room finished off somewhat put the bators in there, that should help
we only have about 6 sheets of sheetrock in the whole house(the bedroom)
but all the insulation is in so it holds it's temp alrite
i gutted the inside back when i was driving my rig coast to coast
as money shows up we buy materials to put it all back together.

i would add a fan kit to those bators, this will give you more even heat
i think they are about $32 each but you can just get 1 at a time if you like.

good luck
piglett
wolfeboro,nh

Back
Top Bottom