Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Quote: I would agree to him being younger, but I lean more towards maybe a white face black spanish bantam since he is more of a slender build and has a bigger white earlobe. The white face happens with age on this breed and they tend to get bigger earlobes. If he's young enough, he hasn't gotten the white face yet, but if he's older than a year he isn't a white face black spanish.

He is a banty, don't know the age. I found a picture that said Dutch Banty and the previous owner said Japanese banty. I like Spanish banty , sounds cool. He's old enough to crow, seems like he has grey legs.

What ever he is, he's got an independent spirit. Everyone else sleeps in the coop, he chose the garage on top of the refridgerator. Now he's convinced a hen to join him.

Its 4 am and the best time of the day for internet. My wife woke me from a sleep of six uninterrupted hours - a rare thing for me. Some how I managed to commandeer the blanket and toss it off the bed on my side.

I never use the blanket as the AC is set at 76. I got yelled at. It was the first time I some the blanket in 6930 days of marriage.

Yesterday I spent the day doing the rewiring of our egg house. Its a 44 x 12 structure with a dorm style room on one end with a bathroom then a room for incubation that has a dehumidifier, an area for hatching, brooders and feed.

The original building was 12x12 and as each of three additions were added, extension cords were added. It was a mess of wire and a fire trap.

After installing a circuit breaker, 11 power outlets and three lights we turned on the power. Everything was going well and every outlet was checked. I turned on the last light switch and it worked. About ten seconds later the light flickered and the volt meter on the 220/110 converter that was next to me was dancing and then the power went out.

I am fully competent when it comes to wiring but I had three staff and a shower that i adore all thinking I ducked (had to keep the word alive) up the power. A miscommunication led me to believe that next door was without power also so I had blaming stares removed.

At 445 we called the power company. At 530 the lights went on next door. I textv then to ask when their power was back on thinking the work truck may have arrived and they were working on a shared meter pole.

They text back and said the power had never gone out. Despite my insistance and trying to explain that adding worrying down stream won't effect the whole house and the three outbuildings as all circuit breakers were OK, disparaging stares returned.

We have a wonderful breeze that, as if controlled by the power company, automatically stops during power outage.

It was dark, hot and humid. We ate an unromantic candle lit dinner.

At 745 the crew arrived. They, without testing anythinh blamed our electrician. I showed them the main circuit breaker and suggested that they test for current. Nothing. I then explained that we laid 225 meters of two #2 wire underground to their meter just a few years ago and perhaps they should check current at their meter because our wiring is sound. Our electrician is sound.

I went over to the meter on the road ten minutes later to see them changing the wire running down the pole to the meter. They then got the full weight of my booming voice cast upon them.

Blame the electrician will you???

At 845 power was restored. Faith in the electrician was restored.

Its 4 am and the best time of the day for internet. My wife woke me from a sleep of six uninterrupted hours - a rare thing for me. Some how I managed to commandeer the blanket and toss it off the bed on my side.

I never use the blanket as the AC is set at 76. I got yelled at. It was the first time I some the blanket in 6930 days of marriage.

Yesterday I spent the day doing the rewiring of our egg house. Its a 44 x 12 structure with a dorm style room on one end with a bathroom then a room for incubation that has a dehumidifier, an area for hatching, brooders and feed.

The original building was 12x12 and as each of three additions were added, extension cords were added. It was a mess of wire and a fire trap.

After installing a circuit breaker, 11 power outlets and three lights we turned on the power. Everything was going well and every outlet was checked. I turned on the last light switch and it worked. About ten seconds later the light flickered and the volt meter on the 220/110 converter that was next to me was dancing and then the power went out.

I am fully competent when it comes to wiring but I had three staff and a shower that i adore all thinking I ducked (had to keep the word alive) up the power. A miscommunication led me to believe that next door was without power also so I had blaming stares removed.

At 445 we called the power company. At 530 the lights went on next door. I textv then to ask when their power was back on thinking the work truck may have arrived and they were working on a shared meter pole.

They text back and said the power had never gone out. Despite my insistance and trying to explain that adding worrying down stream won't effect the whole house and the three outbuildings as all circuit breakers were OK, disparaging stares returned.

We have a wonderful breeze that, as if controlled by the power company, automatically stops during power outage.

At 745 the crew arrived. They, without testing anythinh blamed our electrician. I showed them the main circuit breaker and suggested that they test for current. Nothing. I then explained that we laid 225 meters of two #2 wire underground to their meter just a few years ago and perhaps they should check current at their meter because our wiring is sound. Our electrician is sound.

I went over to the meter on the road ten minutes later to see them changing the wire running down the pole to the meter. They then got the full weight of my booming voice cast upon them.

Glad all is well again at CocoBeach
yuckyuck.gif

Seeing as how I was (until I was retired by political games) an Aircraft Electrician/Avionics Tech. for over 40 years. I do understand the "blame the electrician' blame game that goes on
barnie.gif

until I would prove a different cause for what ever problem they had, IT was the electrician's fault.
Way To Go OZ!!
Scott

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom