Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I have actually taken hundreds of good pictures covering all aspects of the goings on here. it's just a matter of internet access.

Yesterday we had to go to kabankalan to pick up something dropped off at the house there so we took the kids to see the lights. they went with Mrs oz to the lights while I posted like crazy.

After 23 days, we finally have 4/12 piglett buff Orpington, 9/48 white bresse and 0/12 Ameraucana. We had 100% on the local
eggs set on the same day and hatched on day 20.

there are 77 new chicks in the brooder and 170 eggs incubating.

the chicken side of things is doing well.

As an experiment, I set free 6 guineas a few months back that have been pinioned. this week we added 5 non-pinioned Guineas to the fray. Man can they fly!! lol

the good news is they hang out in front of the coop. it will be interesting to see how far they wonder.

did you pinion them yourself?.... Of course you did... dont know why I ask. HOw difficult was it.
pop.gif

Really well thank you..I ,too,have been reading this blog since it's inception. and it has been quite a ride.lol..although I have laughed until I cried at many ..numerous, adventures of this son of mine..He lives life to the fullest..has the mental capacity of a giant ..and a wonderful sense of humour.Of course that could be a mothers opinion..
So I would like to wish you all a wonderful CHRISTMAS and New Year and may all of your dreams come true.
Or make sure they do by chasing them they way Oz has always done...lol

Back
Top Bottom