Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Best fence and or cheapest lol
We have 4.4 acres 1hr from Cagayan de oro and 1hr from iligan city in mindanao.
We spent 6 miserable months there (father in law issue)
And of course English issue lol.

Bamboo is cheapest then add wire. Cement is best off if you do it yourself they add too much water and sand and don't use enough rebar.

Family was shocked my wife there daughter knew how to do stuff better then them and didn't believe she could operate a saw etc. She cut better then the men could lol and uses a hammer and knife better then some of them.

If married you need you and wife then marriage certificate to be able to stay upto 1 yr.

12 days and counting we will have our first baby (girl) and start working on naturalization for her to be a citizen so we could stay longer and come back freely. 1yr is limit after that you are usually screwed.

But we want to get some pens for pigs and area for chicks. Also think about meat rabbits and have a rabbit feast. And turkeys of course.

Also remember spouse name or family name for land to stay safe.
once my wife & I were married I sat her parents down & we had a little "talk"

i explained how much it was going to cost to get my wife her visa to come to the united states plus the cost of the plane ticket

plus once she arrived all of the fees & hoops that would need to be jumped through so she could work as a nurse (which didn't end up working out)

i told them that unless it was life or death that i would be unable to send even 1 peso to them

after my wife & I went back to her little apartment

we had one hell of a fight

no hitting but lots of hurt feeling

to be honest i wouldn't change a thing if i could

once in a while we send a few thousand pesos for meds

but the rest of the time they are on their own.

they both (the parents) are young enough to work

so they are

we do send a few LBC boxes spring & fall to them

one contained a great running 13 Honda engine to be used on the family fishing boat

the bottom line is you need your wife in your corner

if she puts her family above your family, brother you have trouble!

half a hetare is decent. our farm portion is 0,6 ha. or so. plant lots of mulberry and you could run 4 goats too.
i like the idea of having a bunch of crops/animals (goat = poor mans cow)

that way there is always something you can eat

so many people in the P.I. skip meals

i don't plan on having any of that going on on my watch!

Wish we had beach front. Maybe after we get it all started we could sell it and get beach front lol.
I would get a decent boat and build a dock along with going fishing alot.

Our lot is basically rectangle. Shack is in the shade near star apples.
there is a German guy in my wife's province with a large compound right on the ocean

not sure how many building he has but it's a bunch (could be 5 or 6)

once a year a big storm comes through & it rips the roof off at least 1 building (he has that roofing made of sticks)

then you can see his high $ furnishings sitting outside in the sun so it will dry out
gig.gif

forget that

i'll stick with my hilltop overlooking his place

& my roof will be good thick concrete (3 to 1 mix) none of that extra sand & extra water stuff for me

Thanks for that tip about borneo. Gives me other ideas also.
Hollow block is fine but better to watch how they do it as many add too much sand or beach sand and they are brittle. At least where we are located in ph.

Got me thinking of the pillar and a good way to link them.

Depending on area broken bottles pointed up is common along with nails etc. Especially if it's a climb able wall.

I want a sliding gate like we do here in states.

Oz was that .6 or 6 hectare? If .6 it must be tight.
you can buy a set of metal forms & have a guy make your block right on sight

check out youtube

if good block will last 30 years great quality block may outlast all of us

i like to do a job once & be done with it

Thanks for reminding me about the forms. Will have to see if they have the bigger ones.
Oh wife is in my corner as is many of the family lol just her dad was a big issue. Maybe part of middle age.

Hopefully when we go back things will go good.

We don't send because we started a small business forbthem. Sari sari store mostly rice. Due to how tiny there place is.

Oz needs more pics when he gets back so we could see the latest.
I still go back and read random pages. Could become a book.

Thanks for reminding me about the forms. Will have to see if they have the bigger ones.
Oh wife is in my corner as is many of the family lol just her dad was a big issue. Maybe part of middle age.

Hopefully when we go back things will go good.

We don't send because we started a small business forbthem. Sari sari store mostly rice. Due to how tiny there place is.

Oz needs more pics when he gets back so we could see the latest.
I still go back and read random pages. Could become a book.
I am give the job of copying and pasting the story into a pc to one of the kid's nannies.

it will be a book when i finish school lol

I have a heap of "lechon size"pigs to sell, chickens to sort, training for staff and spending as much time as possible with my family

I will take as many pics as i can this trip, I dont have many days on the farm but i will have the camera on me at all times.

Back
Top Bottom