Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

This is Albus, the last coturnix quail I have. He is very old for a quail, all of two plus years. He has gone blind and outlived his mate. His eyes water a lot so I have to clean them with salt water and Q-tips about every other day. I brought hims in tonight to have company while reading BYC. He was yelling at the "kids" (the chicks my OE hen hatched and has decided they are big enough to be on their own) for sitting on his cage top tonight. He lives in a wooden shipping box with hardware top on my front porch.

This is Albus, the last coturnix quail I have. He is very old for a quail, all of two plus years. He has gone blind and outlived his mate. His eyes water a lot so I have to clean them with salt water and Q-tips about every other day. I brought hims in tonight to have company while reading BYC. He was yelling at the "kids" (the chicks my OE hen hatched and has decided they are big enough to be on their own) for sitting on his cage top tonight. He lives in a wooden shipping box with hardware top on my front porch.

Oh what a cute story... I didnt know quail could have such personalities...

Back
Top Bottom