Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Dust off and keep going.....

50 guineas ordered last February.
One Sunday morning coyote killed 30.

three weeks later on a Sunday morning he killed 10.

the next Tuesday he decided he owned my place and sat down 40 yards (39 meters) from the bedroom window for ten minutes, long enough that he is now feeding the fire ants, I am slow on my ready aim fire but I can get it done in ten minutes.

a week later a fox killed one each night for three nights

I was forced to either give up or buy an electric poultry net fence.

Success
ya.gif

six weeks of free range guineas inside an electric fence, I saw a fox, coyote, and neighbors dogs walk by and only look at my flock.
celebrate.gif

Nice one! I need to get my electric up and running. My main predator is possum after possum. So far they mainly get stragglers who escape from coops. Usually roosters. But I am sure there are coyotes around. And I would be happy to discourage Mr. Bear from even thinking about stopping by, if the frequent nighttime barking from my Great Pyr does not do so enough. I must say though, the barking is annoying, but that's nothing compared to my guineas. I only had 4 but what a racket!!!! Had them for a couple years, but I did not replace them when the possums got the last one. I felt too bad for the neighbors. I always did want a coral blue one, though.
http://guineas.com/colorchart/

Hey guys, long time no type.. Just caught up on the last 140 pages of the adventure. Oz as normal your doing an admirable job throw the trials and tribulations life brings you. As usual I am truly in awe. The rest of you crazos are doing a fine support role as well. I think other circles call u guys enablers.... Re subscribed with this new account and patiently await all of the post.

Hey guys, long time no type.. Just caught up on the last 140 pages of the adventure. Oz as normal your doing an admirable job throw the trials and tribulations life brings you. As usual I am truly in awe. The rest of you crazos are doing a fine support role as well. I think other circles call u guys enablers.... Re subscribed with this new account and patiently await all of the post.

Might try your patience some, it's been quite a while since Oz was on here... We chat some in the mean time though.

Yeah I noticed that in the last 150 pages I had read to catch up on. Oz probly just needs a bit of Oz time, and after years of entertaining us with his jorney who could fault him, in the meantime the internet is a big place

.:caf

I have been checking once in a while, lurk like. I wonder if the new president of the Phillipines and his war on drug trafficers affects Oz's business and his wife's relatives there.

I wonder alot of things, like do his kids like the U.S. How is Oz's health, does he lurk on his own thread. We love you guy, love to hear from you.

Back
Top Bottom