GETTING THE TEMP IN LITTLE GIANT 9200 INCUBATOR TO STABLIZE? HELP!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by P0U1TRYP3RS0N, Mar 19, 2008.

1. P0U1TRYP3RS0N

P0U1TRYP3RS0N Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    From earlier posts, I installed the fan kit last night, and the temp still will not stablize. Either it's 97 or 103 it won't hold still! Anyone with experience with a Little Giant incubator is there a trick to get it to stablize? I know the thermostat is veeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrryyyyy sensitive (as compared to a hovabator)- just turning it a little makes it change four degrees. Suggestions please!

2. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I have the lg still incubator. I have found in the beginning it takes about 3 days to get it to stabilize. Once it stabilizes don't touch it not even a smidge unless the temp goes up or down drastically. It took me a few days to get it to stabilize once I put in my eggs. If you add eggs or take some away(due to non fertile eggs) it may take 24 hours to stabilize.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

This is no help to you, but that's why I don't use mine anymore.

4. Mawchickkidie

Mawchickkidie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Wister, Oklahoma
    We have 2 little giants and I defintly know what you mean, What I do is start out a week to two weeks before I'am going to set the eggs, that way I have plenty of time to get the temp right and to stay right. once I do I don't ever touch it again. I try to range mine from 98.5 to 100.0 in the forced-air and in my still air homemade bator I range from 99.0 to 101.0. also watch your humidity sometimes when adding water make sure its not to warm or it might rasie your temp. At least thats something I had noticed when learning myself.
    Good Luck on your hatch.

Mawchickkidie

5. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I have one and I installed a computer fan in mine and only had to make a small adjustment and it held perfect. I've not had any problems with it. I hope you get it figured out. Good Luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by