getting them laying again

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ScrapperJohn, Dec 24, 2012.

1. ScrapperJohn

ScrapperJohn New Egg

Oct 11, 2011
    i just went through a rough time with fleas and mights. i now have that under control. my 25 easter eggers havent layed an egg in over a month. i know its from weakness. what can i do to put some pep back in there step and get them laying again.

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    You can try increasing their protein a bit; which should help recovery, but you may find yourself waiting til Spring.

3. The Chickeneer

The Chickeneer ~A Morning's Crow~

Increase their protein, make sure they have enough day light, if not, then install a lamp in the coop. Put a little bit of Apple Cider Vinegar in their water, it perks them up, deworms them, and is a natural probiotic.

4. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Overrun With Chickens

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    Egg laying usually starts to pick up right after winter begins. It doesn't have to wait until spring. You will hopefully see a difference soon.

5. arcy liger

arcy liger Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2012
    after my flock mites I just penned them in the coop for three days ,with some eggs in the nestboxes and after that they can freerange or have a pen.............
    this worked for my aseel , leghorns and cochins .....l hope that it works on your flock..[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by