Getting white spots on brown egg,,what's up?

Weve3Chickens123

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
I have a barred rock pullet that has been laying for a month or so. Nice little pinkinsh-brown eggs, nice shape, smooth and
with a good strong shell. Pretty eggs in my opinion. But a few days ago I noticed a few tiny white spots that when I washed the egg looked a different color brown, but turned back to white after it dried. Then we went back to pretty eggs again until today. more white spots. What is this?
95838_img_0372.jpg

She is getting ready for the easter bunny!! Are you feeding oyster shell? Sometimes it will show up in the actual shell as white spots or even bumps. Sometimes its just the way they come out. I got a RIR that layed a big brown egg covered with dark purple spots,one beautiful egg!
ya.gif
If I have learned anything in my life is dont try to figure my wife or chickens, I just say thank you.

More intrigued by the shape as I have a Barred that lays similar round eggs such as yours. Occasionally will get one with spots from my Barreds but most of the time they range from light tan to pinkish white with the formentioned calcium bumps.

Back
Top Bottom