GFM-only crazy 24?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by onthespot, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    could we have a crazy 24 auction that is only GFM accessible?

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Regarding the request for the 24hr. auction for GFM's only: The issue with 24 hour auction threads doesn't have anything to do with GFMs, but has everything to do with keeping things organized and consistent, especially as thousands of new members joint our community. Please see my post here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3481899#p3481899

We're
    very open to suggestions that will help us keep things clean and organized, but a system where everyone posts in the same thread without any feedback system isn't going to work.

Keep the ideas coming and we'll review them.

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I'm thinking really hard here. Is there any way that a sister "crazy 24 hour feedback thread" which was feedback only, no chitchat, could make it work still? Anyone with bad feedback to give could PM mods and direct them to the post # which would take the moderation load off of the mods. and the feedback post could link back to the exact auction also, so people could see the person, the auction, the pics of their birds or eggs, everything... I think it could work. I still think we could try to do a % to BYC of all sales, honor system also. I think it is fair and right. 5%?... 10%... who'll give 20%???? Wait, NO Auctioning, sorry... my bad!! [​IMG]

4. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by