Giant chicken eating spider. Really.

A.T. Hagan :

Quote:
No wonder Gritty gets after you so telling whoppers like that!
lol.png

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3353693/Giant-spider-eating-a-bird-caught-on-camera.html

How about a finch.

gig.gif
you're right a finch. My memory is still saying that it was ID'd as a duck somewhere. Gosh it's heck getting old.

Here's a link to more info. Apparently they live in large colonies.
ep.gif

http://community.livejournal.com/urban_nature/184689.html

If you google bird eating spiders there are lots of hits.

It's funny if you google duck eating spider, my post is #1 hit

Imp- doing my part to spread misinformation worldwide. and getting better at it.​

Quote:
Elizabethbinary: really? I see you've updated to show your location as Australia: you actually have an enormous spider like that blue/grey one in your yard? Do you see it regularly, or just once?

We had a great big wolf spider last summer that spun a web on our front porch posts. I left it alone and my son and I would marvel every morning at its web and the things it had caught - it was there for a couple months maybe. But a "big" wolf spider is only about 1" across. Do you seriously have a 6" spider in your yard?!

really really. It's in my dog's kennel and I am too terrified to remove it and my husband keeps forgetting. It doesn't hurt anything - it actually helps - but I'm still scared of it. It's a baby so it's only about, y'know, PALM SIZED... but it can grow to be 9"-12" if fed proper.... it doesn't bother my chickens but my chickens also don't bother it!!! It eats a loooooot of moths and flies mostly. I see about 20-30 new ones in it's web each day.

A 1" spider is quite a small spider here. Our most common spiders are huntsmen and I think their babies are about that size.

Last edited:
Awww why? They're not deadly! None of the big flashy spiders are.

It's the little tiny ones that you can barely see that climb into your blankets at night that are the deadly ones.
hide.gif

But honestly when I told people I had this spider they told me to give it to my chickens... and my chickens ran away! D:

I had one on my front door, too... but THAT one my husband did remember to remove for me.

Exactly how did you husband go about "removing" it? I gather he re=located it. I would have been screaming for the army to destroy it. Sounds like "She Lob" from "Lord of the Rings."- maybe it was. Wasn't that filmed in New Zealand or Australia. I think I'll keep my lights on when I go to bed.

Spiders do kinda freak me out,not alot but some.:idunnoWe do have some big one here in Alabama.I'm pretty sure not alot of people ever see them.They live in very remote areas and I've only see them close to water.They at least as big as my hand totally spread out,about the length of a #2 pencil.We always see them when we float the creek in our canoe.I'll have to make sure I get a picture of one.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom