ShaliniW1985

Chirping
Jul 2, 2020
So maybe two weeks ago, I hatched out my first duckling. I usually purchase my ducklings from hatcheries, but my first duckling successfully hatched, after many failed attempts. See, my breeding drake has very strong genes, which In this case, isn’t a good thing. He’s had leg problems ever since he was little, which is most likely due to hm being a jumbo pekin. He tried breeding with my khaki Campbells many times, but they were always really weak, and could fully hatch. This time, he bred with my mystery duck EJ. I’m not quite sure if she is a white layer or an aylesbury duck, because her weight fluctuates over the year. But one day after having sever, eggs in the incubator, that appeared to not be moving, or to have developed wrong, I opened the incubator and a perfect little duckling was stumbling around. He was healthy, and lively and so loud, unlike the others. He had no leg problems and was simply a picture perfect duckling. It’s been about two weeks now, and he’s just growing so fast! Faster than any ducks I’ve ever raised! It’s been less than a month and he/she already appears to be growing tail feathers! Hes still so energetic and lively, with no leg problems but he’s a giant! Is this normal for this specific cross, or should I be concerne?

Back
Top Bottom