Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
The Malay Peeps.

2, Wheaten/Wildtype Splits, 1 possible White, or plain Wheaten.
20220606_081218.jpg
20220606_081237.jpg

The Silkies are turning 5 weeks on Tuesday, they're 4½ weeks now. They're moving out either today, or tomorrow.

The project, I may have to wait on until next year, but I maybe able to squeeze in the F1 cross if I have the space. Got lots of sorting of birds, & also getting ready to move.

Looks like my F1 Giant Silkie cross Rooster(Silkie/Brahma) may have cancer. He has a mass under his skin below his crop. I originally thought it was an abscessed wound, since there was a hole in the center, so I investigated. No pus, just a hard nasty lump, slightly green, with black patches upon it. I left it alone after the investigation.

If he starts losing weight, & going down hill I'll have to put him down. So that will mean I'll have to breed me another, hopefully 2 different F1s to continue the project.

No Brahmas for me this year. Meyer's Hatchery had a bad hatch. So, there's gonna be a abit more of a delay in the project. But, hopefully next year works out, especially with Brahmas.

Will attempt to make my Secondary F1s(Malay X Silkie), cross next year to increase size.

Also, Floof is still growing. Gonna have to put him on the scale again.

Back
Top Bottom