Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
Pics
I did start breeding a few days ago, & it's been slow.
My Silkie Rooster Scaredy mated a couple of the Brahmas yesterday, but the girls didn't lay me eggs to collect today. Gonna have to breed them again tomorrow, & collect hatching eggs the day after that way I know he's the one who fertilized them.
I'll be popping eggs in the incubator on the 11th of March, hatch date is April 1st.

Love this! Silkies are great in so many ways, but their puny size has always been an issue to me.

I've seen purebred standard-sized silkies once in a blue moon, so I know that they exist somewhere, but I'm afraid I don't know any more about it. This is a much faster way to achieve larger sizes than by selecting for oh so many generations, so I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Love this! Silkies are great in so many ways, but their puny size has always been an issue to me.

I've seen purebred standard-sized silkies once in a blue moon, so I know that they exist somewhere, but I'm afraid I don't know any more about it. This is a much faster way to achieve larger sizes than by selecting for oh so many generations, so I'm excited to see what you come up with!
I'll be sure too share the results with you. :yesss:

Back
Top Bottom