Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
Pics
I have thought about this post so many times but always forget to find it whenever I am on BYC. I have one cockerel that I wish I could share with you (we share MANY miles between us, I believe). He is a big guy, especially beside my other bantams. One thing I recently noticed about him is that he doesn't have spurs, naturally. He does have 5 toes. He was hatched in mid August 2019, and his flockmates have small spurs, but he does not have any. His legs seem more heavily feathered too, so he probably wouldn't fit the criteria for breeding anyway. He just makes me think about this thread every single day :)

I have thought about this post so many times but always forget to find it whenever I am on BYC. I have one cockerel that I wish I could share with you (we share MANY miles between us, I believe). He is a big guy, especially beside my other bantams. One thing I recently noticed about him is that he doesn't have spurs, naturally. He does have 5 toes. He was hatched in mid August 2019, and his flockmates have small spurs, but he does not have any. His legs seem more heavily feathered too, so he probably wouldn't fit the criteria for breeding anyway. He just makes me think about this thread every single day :)
So is it a silkie?

No spurs, or small spurs on silkies is common. Most of mine do have spurs though.

That's interesting. Thank you for sharing as I had no idea. He thinks he has spurs anytime my bantam cochin tries to walk by him. He has to bend almost in half to "challenge" the cochin bantam. Chickens are awesome

My blue silkie cockerel has spurs but his are squared off. They're just under 1/2 inch long but then squared off on the end. Zane, the white silkie has absolutely nothing there

That's interesting. Thank you for sharing as I had no idea. He thinks he has spurs anytime my bantam cochin tries to walk by him. He has to bend almost in half to "challenge" the cochin bantam. Chickens are awesome
You're welcome.
Yes, chickens are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom