Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
Aww i hope she pulls through. I didnt realize i had moldy food, but was able to clean it up before any chickens got it. I have to thank the ducks for that though.
I think she got something moldy when I threw run litter in their yard yesterday. I reuse pine needles, & leaves from raking in the fall.

She's improving. She's hock walking, so at least she's getting around. Just gonna keep doing what I'm doing.
Vitamins for energy, food, & hydration.

It's like she can't feel her feet, but is able to grip things. So, not complete paralysis of the feet which is good. I'm assuming she didn't eat a large enough amount of mold for full onset of symptoms like the last 3 birds I had in the past.

Even though she has no crest, I want to use her because she's 2nd largest of the bunch.

She's improving. She's hock walking, so at least she's getting around. Just gonna keep doing what I'm doing.
Vitamins for energy, food, & hydration.

It's like she can't feel her feet, but is able to grip things. So, not complete paralysis of the feet which is good. I'm assuming she didn't eat a large enough amount of mold for full onset of symptoms like the last 3 birds I had in the past.

Even though she has no crest, I want to use her because she's 2nd largest of the bunch.
Have you ruled out Mareks?

Have you ruled out Mareks?
Yes, I'm certain it's not Marek's. I would expect full on leg paralysis with Marek's Disease, causing no use of the legs at all.

The cause of the 2020 incident was moldy feed in the feeder. I had to clean it out. It was so humid, it was ridiculous. Mycotoxicosis causes paralysis.

Back
Top Bottom