Gigantic egg (double yolk)

Cool! Your first double. We have had doubles over the years. As far as size the largest one was 3 1/4 in length. We also get the small ones with just the egg whites.

Never had a triple. lots of doubles though. Braveheart has made a hobby of it, having layed at least three in her 15 or so months of laying. I did get an egg-in-an-egg many years ago from one of my [then] landlady's RIR's. Loudest egg song I ever heard too.

Never had a triple. lots of doubles though. Braveheart has made a hobby of it, having layed at least three in her 15 or so months of laying. I did get an egg-in-an-egg many years ago from one of my [then] landlady's RIR's. Loudest egg song I ever heard too.

Jajaja! I bet she was Yelping for help!!

View attachment 1672339
View attachment 1672337
Yesterday I picked up this egg, is there such thing as a triple yolk? This egg is ginormous
Last year I had a Cornish Cross hen I kept from the FFA project of the local high school. She was to small to butcher and then found out she was a hen (They bought was supposed to be all roosters). She laid a huge egg and it was a triple yolk. It's the first time I ever seen a triple. I asked my 78 year old mother, who was raised on a farm, if she had ever seen one in her life, and she said never.

View attachment 1672339
View attachment 1672337
Yesterday I picked up this egg, is there such thing as a triple yolk? This egg is ginormous

ABF4A3A0-1A60-4E35-BE3C-61E7B4D4CC2B.jpeg
94BD8839-99E1-43E1-B122-0BAA5756C8F5.jpeg
BF7B8C95-7714-480C-9F29-7EF1D5A119A0.jpeg

95.5 grams. Laid today by my SLW.

Back
Top Bottom