Gimmie Your Gender Guesses!

I'm pretty sure, not 100%, but pretty certain that Sapphire Olive Eggers are sex-linked, and males will be barred. If that's true, Blue is certainly a pullet.
Oh, I really, really hope you're right! I've heard that Sapphire Gems were sex- linked, but there was some doubt about Sapphire Olive Eggers. If she does turn out to be a pullet, she's going to be one sturdy birdy!

4 new babies with 4 different breeds who are 4 weeks old today! What do you think? Did Tractor Supply get it right this time and they're all pullets? Or did another Roo sneak through?

#1. Ginger, the Cream Legbar (who better be a girl since they're sex-linked, right?)View attachment 3840884

#2. Onyx, the Midnight Majesty Marans: View attachment 3840888

#3. Opal, the Easter Egger: View attachment 3840889

And Blue, the Sapphire Olive Egger: View attachment 3840890

If anyone would like different pictures/angles/etc. before guessing, please ask and I'll do my best to get them! Thanks in advance for your replies!
Blue is definitely looking like a rooster, possibly opal but the rest are prob girls

4 new babies with 4 different breeds who are 4 weeks old today! What do you think? Did Tractor Supply get it right this time and they're all pullets? Or did another Roo sneak through?

#1. Ginger, the Cream Legbar (who better be a girl since they're sex-linked, right?)View attachment 3840884

#2. Onyx, the Midnight Majesty Marans: View attachment 3840888

#3. Opal, the Easter Egger: View attachment 3840889

And Blue, the Sapphire Olive Egger: View attachment 3840890

If anyone would like different pictures/angles/etc. before guessing, please ask and I'll do my best to get them! Thanks in advance for your replies!
Sometimes it takes until 10 weeks to see permanent signs

I can't disagree with you about Blue. Do you know much about Sapphire Olive Eggers? I very much do not.
I do not, but I have five roos and from the looks of it he's definitely a rooster, some don't have traits there supposed to. And that comb is what my midnight Majesty rooster looked like at that age

I do not, but I have five roos and from the looks of it he's definitely a rooster, some don't have traits there supposed to. And that comb is what my midnight Majesty rooster looked like at that age
We had a rooster in our previous batch of 4 chicks, a black sex-link whose barring showed up pretty early and dashed all my hopes. He's happily rehomed now, but I don't want to go through that again! 😫

We had a rooster in our previous batch of 4 chicks, a black sex-link whose barring showed up pretty early and dashed all my hopes. He's happily rehomed now, but I don't want to go through that again! 😫
I totally understand. We have five roosters and are trying to remove three, and there all beautiful mixed of a americana and mystic maran, and it's hard to go through all that.
But depending on how many hens you have maybe consider keeping blue if he's friendly. He's very pretty:)

Back
Top Bottom