Gimmie Your Gender Guesses!

It's a lovely name, isn't it? :D Is your Onyx also a Marans?
The hatchery called her an "onyx olive egger". Not sure what she's a mix of.

Attachments

• PXL_20240522_213302073.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20240522_213302073.PORTRAIT.jpg
    687.5 KB · Views: 2
I totally understand. We have five roosters and are trying to remove three, and there all beautiful mixed of a americana and mystic maran, and it's hard to go through all that.
But depending on how many hens you have maybe consider keeping blue if he's friendly. He's very pretty:)
I totally wish I could, but roosters are verboten here in the suburbs of my county, and I've had the chicken police called on me once already. So I have to keep hoping that Blue is just an early bloomer with big bones, heh.

Hmm, well...Ginger the Cream Legbar and Onyx the Midnight Majesty Marans are both sex-linked breeds, so according to their coloring they have to be female.

You could be right about Blue or Opal, though. In observing her for these weeks, I'm definitely leaning toward girl for Opal, but Blue is definitely big and gawky for a 4-week old chick. Cross your fingers for me!
Do update as they get older

I totally wish I could, but roosters are verboten here in the suburbs of my county, and I've had the chicken police called on me once already. So I have to keep hoping that Blue is just an early bloomer with big bones, heh.
Your doing it wrong.

Keep rooster....re-home self to different zoning that allows roosters = Happy Life😉😁

I'm so sorry. That's very sad:hit
I agree, I will hate to lose such a pretty chicken. Although, if Blue does end up being a roo, I imagine that will mean I might have an easier time to rehome him. The Sapphire Olive Eggers were listed as "premium" so who wouldn't want a gorgeous silver-blue Premium rooster? (Looking for silver linings here, heh.)

Back
Top Bottom