Girl Peking Ducks Fighting

ronna jozef

Songster
Dec 14, 2017
Miss lydia
It is me again regarding the 2 peking ducks fighting after death of our male Toto
I have been watching this unfold and now it seems that little petunia is also being just as aggressive as the Bully Duck

Today when they came up to eat from the pond - I locked the gate and let the bully duck out again to see what would happen.
It seemed petunia started the fight first this time - they both start rubbing heads and then start going at it.

I put the Bully duck back in duck house - Tonight when they came back I put her in her cadge - and Petunia started trying to fight with her though the cadge -
Then Petunia got put in cadge let bully duck out - she did the same this started trying to fight with Petunia

Well now they are both in Jail and I really do not know what to do -
Do you think they will ever get along - you have some much knowledge regarding the ducks - please let me know what you think

Thank you

Have you thought about letting them get it out of their system? In other words let them fight it out. Usually once my girls get the best of who ever is the lowest that day they leave each other alone. Let them do this outside of the pen though so it neutral territory.

ooh boy -
The duck house opens to a small court yard -that is were they eat and then go to pond -
They start fighting there - the gate is open - not sure I can watch it - because it is outside my window
Is that what you mean just let them fight there - I am worried - before now the other ducks jumped in and stopped this as of now / they are just letting them fight it out - but if i see the others attack Petunia --I will have to stop it asap

They did stop doing this -I think I helped with the pecking order by keeping the bully duck inside - they no longer also gang up on Petunia just the Bully Duck and her - they are smart and see they have been put in cadges

Not sure I will try;

Thank you so much - truly

Your options are limited. Continue caging them, rehome one or both, let them work things out - hopefully this can be resolved without serious injury. It's all about dominance. Petunia has had enough of the bullying and is sticking up for herself. Good for her.

Thanks soo Much!!
You are right Petunia as had enough/The bully duck is also much stronger than the other females-
Keeping the bully inside the duck house and letting her have her time -that is well deserved has been good!
However I did have our Toto Drake die and there may be an imbalance -not sure what will happen - I will let them all out in Morning -keep bully inside for now and try again to see if I let her out what happens;
SO UPSETTING; -

Again Thank you, for your post -

Keep us updated on how they do. Try to let them work it out. Feathers may get pulled out and there may even be a little blood but I don’t think they’ll seriously injure each other. You can be close by but this maybe the best option first then go from there.

Yes, they are sisters - however petunia has been bulled and I am glad she is standing up for her self

Will do my best - just very hard - I want them to all get along like they did before tote died - he must have kept them in check-he was so sweet - like a good father to them

Back
Top Bottom