Girls are getting cabin fever!

Kelley Farms

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 11, 2013
La crosse Florida
Here in N. Central FL we been getting a lot of rain and major storms coming through.. My girls have been stuck on the enclosed side of pen. today when went out to feed and collect eggs they were like a bunch of kids pecking at me, pecking at each other. Was going to let them free range but by the time everyone is done laying its starting to come down pretty good!. Have to figure something out. Also I have 22 hens.. my property isn't fenced in, so keeping track of all of them scares me.. hopefully tomorrow we can try! Thank you all for the kind words and support!..

Let them out in the rain. I'm in the PNW and if my birds stayed cooped every time it rained or stormed, they'd never get out. At least give them the option.

We have the opposite in the UK. Been a heat wave for 2 weeks which ended this morning with terrential rain and thunderstorms.

Lets hope the weather settles down for all of our girls.
smile.png

We've been very hot here thankfully rains this week have helped. Been 90 F with 90% humidity put some water pans in pen for girls to cool their feet which they love & the down pours keep filled with fresh water.

We have the opposite in the UK. Been a heat wave for 2 weeks which ended this morning with terrential rain and thunderstorms.

Lets hope the weather settles down for all of our girls.
smile.png
We had the most pitiful shower at 6am and nothing else! Now its sweltering again. Poor little chooks! Poor me! Where in the UK are you?

Back
Top Bottom